Thursday 8 September 2011

Fishing Report 08/09/2011

After the dismal results during the Spring Tides it was a relief to get a couple of good sized Black Bream last Tuesday evening. Though not thick and fast as they have been recently, they are still there in enough quantity to keep the fishing interesting.

I also caught many Striped Butterfish. These fish have a very oval shaped body and when turned side on to the direction of pull, can put up a very worthy fight. As an eating fish they rate two stars out of five according to my fish identification book and the local indigenous people won't eat them at all - claiming that the fish give you a headache if you eat them! This means that they all go back after being caught.

Some of you reading this Blog might be a bit miffed that I actually eat some of my catch. I know that their are purists out there whom always return all that they catch, but my way of thinking is that fishing can be both a sport and a way of putting food in the larder. I never take more than I can eat fresh. We never freeze fish.

Happy fishing, and remember, always fish for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment